Jun 15, 2006

Aquarium

Thanks to Chan for the free aquarium, pretty small but enough to cost me another 10000 yen to fill it with aquatic plants, some neon tetras and a molly. Not forget to mention , a new filter, and a flouresant light as well.

Keeping tropical fish was my childhood hobby.( watching those kids at Kamogawa always reminds me of my childhood- cathing fish (guppy, especially) at nearby river. I used to have two 2-metres aquariums, and one 1-meter aquarium at one time. Let me see, a few Ryukin goldfish, Lion-head goldfish, discus, and a few parrot fish (Chichlid).

Welcome to my nano-aqua world.


10 Neon Teras, a molly, a Siamese Algae Eater
Plants - Vallisnaria Spiralis (long sword like spiral plant) ,Hemianthus callitrichoides (bottom carpeting plant), Bacopa monnieri (stem plant)






Neon tetras are native of Amazon river. It is enjoyable to see them chasing around !


Molly, most aqurium hobbist keep them because they are the only few easy to keep hair-algae eater.
No more hair algae- thanks to Mr.Molly


Another cleaning fish, the Siamese algae eater- it eats almost anything, except fish waste.
Wonder why the PET Bottle is in the tank?, it is actually used to allow more CO2 to dissolve in the water.Of course, I need to pipe-in C02 from outside. CO2 reactor consists of yeast and sucrose mixture in a 1-litter PET bottle


Bacopa monnieri-always grow above the water surface. Hemianthus, the smallest aquarium plant on the bottom.


Mr.Molly on top and Neon Tetras on the bottom

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha...I give up jaga-ing fishes. My mum had this great idea sometime back about having small fishes swimming in her big ceramic pot. However, she didn't want to invest in the air pump, so, guess what happened to those poor fishes? Though I have to admit, watching fishes swimming in aquariums (I love BIG ones) can be rather calming.....
AL

Nightraveller said...

Nice job u've done to the aqua! But I pity the 2 "original residents"....hehehe!

Patrick Leong said...

cool. quite nice. your room must be full with stuffs.

Anonymous said...

i am thinking of getting fishes but then i haven't had the time to go look around.

AL: it wasn't because of no pump...it's because mummy dunno how to jaga

flaminarse

Anonymous said...

Hi the fish you think is a siamese algae eater is an otocinclus.